SP130: Black to move and retain the only fighting chance!
- ....... Qxf4!! Black's only chance
- Qh3 Qxe5!! Black must accept an exchange sacrifice
- Qxc8 Bc6!! The only move. Black tries to trap the white queen with ...Bd7
- Qh3 d4!! Clears the long light diagonal and forces white to respond
- Nd1 Qa5!! Black's queen attacks white's weakest point d2
- Bxc4.... White takes material and begins to target the f7 square
Intermediate diagram: Black to play with the only fighting chance:
- .......b5!! Black encourages an attack on the f7 square
- Bb3?! Qxd2
- O-O O-O A forced mutual castle showing how vulnerable both sides are!
- Rb1 dxe3
- Nxe3 Bc5
- Rfe1 Nf6 and black's diagonal bishop attack compensates for being an exchange down
There are many many other incredible tactical motifs in this position including mating lines on white's king along the a7-g1 diagonal. The position is definitely a relic from the odd starting position of SP130. There is some bizarre stuff going on in Chess960 and occasionally the position explodes into dozens of complex tactical lines. This is one of those positions. Although I did not find these lines on my own, it's really enjoyable just to ponder them in retrospect.