Ok onto a ridiculous situation that I got into in Chess960 a few days ago in what was a real game! It makes a great Chess960 puzzle but be warned, it is way more difficult than it first appears! The solution involves a lovely twist in the plot! Here goes:
SP373 Black to play: Capture the Knight! (castling is permitted)
Be warned it is really tricky. Enjoy 960!
1. ... cxb4! (...c4?, b5!...Be7, Nc6)
2. Rxb4 ... Nb6 (and the mission to shield the light bishop is complete)
3. a4! ... Be7
4. Rb1 ... a5 (black must prevent the b6 knight from being biffed)
5. g4!! ...
5. ... Nxg4?
6. Qf3 ... Nf6
7. Bb2 ... O-O
8. Be5! ... Rxb8 (but white has Bxc7/BxN!)
5. ... O-O
6. g5! ... Rxb8!
7. gxf6 ... Bxf6 (but white has positional compensation)
5. ... Kd8!! (Black switches plans - a lovely twist)
6. g5 ... Ne8! (Black's previous move has made room for the knight)
7. Qf3 ... Kc8! (Black will capture white's knight with the king!)
8. Kc3 ... Kxb8! =/+ (sometimes the king has got to step out of the throne and get the job done himself!)